Friday, January 29, 2016

I Remember

I think I have pretty good memory. I always do better in subjects like biology and history where you have to memories a lot of facts compared to physics or maths where you actually have to understand concepts whether you like it or not.

But the thing is, I memorize useless things and forget important ones.

Lyrics? Piece of cake!

Physics equations? No.

Facts that nobody cares about? It takes 8 minutes for the light from the sun to reach earth.

Facts I can use in exams? Potato.

I also remember some childhood memories but mostly the bad ones la when I got scolded by my dad T.T the pain is still raw wtf.

During kindergarten, Mommy would wake me up but usually I'm not so cooperative la. I would adamantly cling to my pillow or blanket and she would drag me to the bathroom for a bath.

And my family has never installed a heater EVER so every day before school since the age of 3, I have been showering in cold water in the morning.

So I hated getting ready la.

But back to the pillow and blanket...

I remember that my little hands would slowly weaken as we made the trip from bedroom to bathroom, and I would panic and try to inconspicuously adjust my grip.

Then the pillow and blanket would fall from my tiny hands and I would have to sea with the reality of having to go to school.

In hindsight, my mom was really patient dealing with an unwilling school-goer.

I love her. 😙

No comments:

Post a Comment