Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Trying to limit my shopping


In the spirit of saving money, I am going to limit my shopping.

I have always loved to shop. In my first year of university, I think I shopped almost every single week whether its on Amazon or Target or Sephora. And most of the time, it was just to have fun! I think at that time, my rent so low (270$) that it really left me with lots of leftover money.

But now, I am paying 399$ a month on rent which is wayyy more than what I used to pay. Gas and water is included in that though, so that actually evens it out a little bit but still... I saw a picture shared by Dave Ramsey and he said that 25% of your income should go into housing. I think I spend about 37%, depending on how many hours I worked in my part-time job. Then again, I don't pay for insurance, or a car, or health, so 37% sounds about right. But shopping is so compulsive and unnecessary. It clutters and makes me feel like shit afterwards. So no more compulsive shopping and that includes food delivery!

I think another really important lesson I learnt in the past year is that I don't have to go on vacation so much. I really much rather stay at this home I spent so much money decorating, with the internet I pay so much monthly, and the gas that is already included in rent.

But sometimes I do get jealous when I see pictures on instagram. It just seems so fun!!! T.T And I just seem so lame for sitting at home.

Then you know what's even not so fun and lame? BEING A BROKE ASS BISS. Honestly, its just pressure and jealousy that's making me go on these expensive vacations. I just wanna brag about how much money I can spend when I don't have money to spend. Its so stupid cause I should've started saving earlier and worked more instead.

And that's how I comfort myself. However since I've been so good and not travelling, I am saving up to go to Chicago for spring break and that should be fun! I've already been to Chicago but this time, I think its gonna be more of a relaxing trip than a explore the city kind of trip. The plan is to rent out an amazing Airbnb and chill with good food, and think of it as a treat.



No comments:

Post a Comment