Saturday, May 04, 2013

DRAMA 2013


This is the longest time I have ever gone without blogging! :O

Well, I have been busier than ever now that drama is over and done with and I have to catch up 2 weeks of schoolwork and a week of exams.

How exciting....

Anyway, you know what's exciting? DRAMA COMPETITION!

Actally, I've blogged about this but then the post disapperared into oblivion so... here we go again.

1. I really like my makeup!
Last year, my makeup was like a whore. It was so thick and colourful. I think that's what makes it slutish, the vibrant colours.

Well, this year, I love my makeup so so much!!! It's dark and gothic but still thick la, and that's great to cover up my blemishes,

When everyone saw my makeup, they were speechless, even the teachers. I couldn't decide whether the O-mouth was a good or bad thing and then I looked at a mirror...

 At first, it was kinda horrible, but then after the second touch up and with the costume, I loved my look!!


Here, I put a small pic of me. Only a small pic la. I remember when Sarah took this pic, I was looking at something that pissed me off, hence, the ugly expression.

Hehe, I look so badass rock metal.

Anyway, I like how they contoured my non-existing cheekbones into existing and how they made my nose and eyebrows and eyes.

Oh yeah! My eyebrows are fully erased  (using foundation) and drawn on.

2. Accidents happen.
Accidents happen because we were so disorganized and I blame this on our director but we'll talk about that later.

Even before we were about to enter the hall and go up the stage, we were still bickering on who's going to carry which props

When the doors opened and we were about to go up the stage, one whole wall was left behind and so Naz, the biggest guy in the team, went back to carry it by himself! :O He's so strong.

But then, the wall slipped and would you believe it, his muscle ripped!!!! :OOOO Thank goodness Lulu (one of the strongest crews) came back down coincidentally and saw him.

Backstage, he sat down and his arm was shaking and that itself says a lot about the amount of pain he was in but he just kept quiet.

And all I (feeling so useless) could do was squeeze his hands and even that wasn't much help cause my hands were shaking as well lol. =.=

After everything was over, Lulu patched him up nice and new, so smart!

3. MR. DIRECTOR WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!
Something that I have been really annoyed about since day 1 is that the director has no idea what he is doing! And I don't like it when someone who is 'below' me tells me what to do and I especially don't like it when I know what he is telling me to do is wrong!!! Acts like he knows everything....

Like he told us to go watch drama to see how the actors act but in television, you can whisper, you can make small facial changes and people will notice. But in theatre drama, everything needs to be exaggerated right since you don't have a camera up your face.

And and and he doesn't listen to what we're saying unless we tell him again and again and you know what, even then he doesn't listen! Sarah and I have been telling him that the props need to be up in one go but NOOOO, he denies that we ever told him and says that everyone expects him to know everything. Then how come the actors and props heard it and he didn't???!!!!

Oh God, thinking about this gets me so worked up. I can go on and on about how much I dislike him so I'm just gonna stop now and say something nice.

...
...
...

I can't think of anything nice to say!

Okay, he is very patient and he never scolded me no matter how much of a bitch I obviously am to him.

Only when the rest of the team told me about how sad he was for being a crappy director that I kinda toned down my hatred a bit. And I kinda feel bad about being mean but then he goes and talks and I hate him all over again.

Oh well.

4. Results
So after everything is over and done with, it was time for the results!!

This time, I wasn't really excited for the results because the results were already quite predictable.

La Salle would win, Stella would place second and that leaves third place for the rest. And even third place is kinda a far goal for us hahaha heh.... *cough

Anyway, compared to last year when we all linked our pinkies and we were all wide eyed with excitement, this year, we were laid back and chill. Well, I was la, the little ones were probably like last year haha.

But when the MC were calling all the school names to take the participating certificates, our school name was skipped! Geee, how professional of them. Now I don't like that school more.

Here are the results!

Best actress - Dunno
Best actor - La Salle
Best script - STOP (La Salle)
3rd place - Dunno
2nd place - Stella or Convent, not sure
1st place - La Salle

Hearing the results, I really wanted to watch La Salle's performance!! It seemed really nice though I'm kinda pissed that they have to win every year and this year, I hoped that any school could get first and not La Salle but then again, what do I know. They deserved it.

After all that screaming for the La Salle boys, the MC finally said that there had been a technical mistake. I hoped that it was that the first place was wrong (hahaha, such wicked thinking) but it was just them finally realizing their mistake and calling up our school's director for the participating certs.

Now a picture!



Aww, I think we all look cute here because we're all not ready for a pic at all haha.

Anyway, a real pic of the whole crew!


Top (left to right) : Wong, Ioanna, Nadzhan, Jeremy
Middle : Claierey, Raz, Sarah, Mason, Venice, Cheri, Lulu, Chealsea
Bottom : Natasha, Mark, Voon, Crystal

Director - Wong
A nice enough guy who is always scolded by everyone. But he cares enough about the team. :)

Assistant Director - Nadzhan
The guy who ripped his muscles. Freakishly big and strong dude who can carry a whole wall by himself.

Victory - Sarah
The main character who is always the victim between the dad and grandpa's mistakes lol. And she knows the whole drama like the back of her hand, the music, script and props EVERYTHING.

Grandpa - Raz
The baby of the team. He is always lazy to help us with the props arrangement but he makes up for it buy buying the whole team pizza, yum!

Dad - Mason
The octopus of the team because he can't stay still and always sways. He is one of the hardworking ones. And he talks really fast!

Nurse Grace - Claierey
Awww, the sweetest and most helpful cast! She doesn't like Raz lol. But if you ask her to go to toilet or canteen she always says ok lololol.

Andrea - Ioanna
She is a gorgeous girl who always takes pics for instagram haha. You can find her playing with her phone backstage.

Mom - Crystal
The diva (lol?) and she doesn't like the director. She loves to play around and is always lazy to rehearse. Sometimes really mean and insensitive but can be nice also if she wants. (Awkward to talk about myself in 3rd person)

Young Dad - Voon
Brainiac hmph.... What else? His acting skills aren't really sharpened but he tries. A+ FOR EFFORT.

Techs - Natasha and Chelsea
They are inseparable! Everything they do, they do together. They're both always scolded by teacher for no reason.

Crew :
Mark - So creative about creating all these props out of household stuff. And he can convince you about anything and he'll make you doubt your opinions.

Lulu - Really nice and so so strong!!! She can carry a wall with stuff added on top of it. Aaaand she loves maths and wanna be a maths teacher! :O

Cheri - The korean Taeyeon haha cause she looks like Taeyeon. Everyone has a crush on her and even the girls drool about her lol.

Venice - The greatest artist ever! She has a notebook where she keeps all her doodles which are so creative. I think she'd make a good tattoo artist.

Jeremy - The tech wiz who always just says yes to whatever we say. "You a girl?"... "Yes" Lol.


Awwwwww.... I love all these dorks! Sob sob sob... *BLOW NOSE


No comments:

Post a Comment