Tuesday, April 01, 2014

March 2014 Has Passed Already?!

A no sense post to end March :D If you can tolerate my constant blabber that is.

I can't believe its the end of March already! So much has happened (actually all that happened is getting the SPM results)

First, after getting results is going back to kampung last weekend. By coincidence, that weekend my parents and uncles and aunts and distant relatives had planned to make a family meeting so they would never lose touch.

A lot of people asked me what I want to do what I want to do when I grow up now. I guess I am kinda grown up now, at least grown up enough to have to think about this latest nuisance.

My answer had always changed throughout my life and now I know what the true answer is. I don't know. *lol facepalm

 Basically the general answer is "Whatever that makes me filthy rich in the future". =.=


I need to wake up and be brave. I can't be worried that I might hate my life in the future. I can't be worried about things that I haven't experienced yet, that's just irrational.

BUT I CAN'T HELP HAVING THE NEED TO PULL MY HAIR FROM MY SCALP!

There's that frustrating  feeling of butterflies multiplying in my tummy again. Always there to remind me of the future that isn't predictable. I admire people who would think of this as an adventure and take it all in stride but that's just not me.

I commented on Sarah's blog that everything would end up fine, and if it doesn't then that means that its not the end of things yet.

So, I'm going to try to be positive and optimistic! :D

Another thing that happened is that my taste in shopping just upgraded lol. Suddenly all the cheap items have no attraction to me! In fact, I just bought RM 130 worth of products from the body shop the other day and I never usually spend that much in one go.... Is this good or bad.

I saw a top at Padini that is very gorgeous (*salivate) and I have wanted to buy it for a long time but.... its RM 120! That's more than my usual entire outfit put together!! It's right in front of the shop so every time I pass the shop, I'd be sighing because this particular shirt is almost never on sale.

It was on sale once for 20% but I thought... its Padini. Padini always has crazier sales. Now Padini has a huge sale but that particular top isn't even 10% off. Come on shopping luck! Work!

Btw, I wrote about a pair of jeans a few weeks ago.
I saw these pair of acid washed jeans and they were on a buy one free one sale. I wished I had a friend to share the free one sigh at that moment. I think it was around RM 88 which is super expensive for me. So, I just sorta caressed it and left to the general direction of Etude House where I once again regained joy.
And I bought it!! My cheapskate luck worked and it was on sale and I bought it for RM 35+-+-.

I've also found a new favorite book! Its been a while since I've read a new very good book. I read the divergent series recently because the movie came out but its just not working for me. So to keep myself occupied, I re-read the Harry Potter series. But now, I found a book called Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis. Really interesting eh! My knowledge in Greek mythology has leveled up drastically (hail wikipedia!)! I wanna read more books with greek mythology!

Maybe I should become a greek mythology professor, if such an occupation really exists.

    

I keep thinking of Nana as Aphrodite in my head. Need two pics cause she's so beautiful *starstruck

I read the the whole three books in the series in 2 days. That's how good it is. I know its silly but I've always had a stupid habit of getting too emotionally attached to characters in books I read. Even right now I'm experiencing book-end-withdrawal and I've been moping around goodreads trying to find another treasure.

I should go slow and savour it next time, like when people drink wine.

I'm so thankful that such good and entertaining books exist. Reading is the best on a boring, uneventful day. Sigh, I hope that when I go to school again, I'd have time to read but somehow, I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that I won't because I'll be so busy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the series! Nana would be a great Aphrodite :)
    If you like wikipedia's info on Greek mythology check out theoi (.com I think). It's a fantastic resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the series! And you picked an awesome Aphrodite. If you like following the link-chain of wikipedia's mythology be sure to check out theoi. It goes far more in depth. :)
    Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed the series! Nana would be a great Aphrodite :)
    If you like wikipedia's info on Greek mythology check out theoi (.com I think). It's a fantastic resource!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! Wow, I loooooooove the Daughters of Zeus trilogy! I feel like I just met a celebrity haha.

      Delete