Monday, October 03, 2016

A Good Way To Spend Time

This week has been a rainy week in Columbus, Ohio and I have been caught in the rain every single day. For some reason, I can't find my umbrella that I bought for 5$.

Fall has officially started according to the earth's position in the orbital and IT IS COLD! But I really like this coldness cause I can use this as an excuse to go shopping for fall and winter clothing. EVENTHOUGH I DAH SPENT A LOT!

This week I went out quite a lot.

Last Friday, I went out to Jeni's Ice-cream which is said to be AMAZING but I thought it was just okay.

Then last Sunday, I went walking at Olentangy Trail. Americans really likes to do outdoor stuff like lay outside, go out on walks, suntanning. In Malaysia, everyone would be indoors in their air-conditioned rooms.

Then on Friday, I watched a movie, but I slept in the middle of it until the end.

And yesterday I went to a park to look at flowers!

But most of the time, I just want to curl up with a good book and forget the world exists.

I just think resting and healing from all the shit that accumulates throughout the week is the best and I can't do that when I'm with people. With people, I feel like I need to put on a front to look normal and be charming and be social.

Why am I like this.

I miss the people who I can be totally myself with and not put on a front to. I miss my family and I miss the friends I don't get to spend time with. I miss home and I miss being comfortable and I miss not being pressured to tip.

I miss INTEC and how I actually liked going out on weekends with Sabrina, Rowina, and Carlin. Those times were good times!!

I used to go shopping almost every weekend at Sunway Pyramid, or Midvalley, or Berjaya Times Square and there were cell group meetings where we had REALLY good food and good fun. And when I go to school, there would always be someone to talk to and hang out with and everyone knew everyone.

I guess I miss the familiarity of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment