Saturday, October 08, 2016

Its A Learning Process

Ever since I started college and university, I noticed that I started to grow. For one thing, I don't get homesick anymore. I can go to the bank by myself. I can cook my own food. I find my way around public transportation.

You know, little things. And this growing up thing is happening without me noticing unless I really slow down, stop, and take a good look at me being 20 years old.

Oh, let me digress. I turned 20 last Tuesday! My birthday was a simple affair, and this time, I am determined not to get pissed off at the people who forgot. I spent my birthday morning chilling at Thompson Library and it was GOOD. The library is the best place in any part of the world. The world gets quiet and its just you and a book.

One of the things I changed my perspective about is the way I look at failure. I used to think that failing at something was the worst thing ever and I would always have this ache in my heart whenever I don't excel in my studies. I remember crying after bad tests during high school and studying my brain cells away after school. But I was so harsh on myself. I used to write "Idiot" and "Stupid" at every wrong answer in red ink.

But now, I don't mind failing anymore and if I don't do well on an exam or quiz, I would think it's a learning process. Every single mistake I make would be an opportunity to learn and I look at my mistakes as me getting better after each mistake.

And I love that kind of mindset. I guess being in a non-competitive college really helps. There is no Dean's List, there's no ranking, there's no smart or top class. There is just you, your friends, and the knowledge.

Haha, you become the best pun it doesn't matter cause nobody would know or care anyway.

Oooooh, I remember during pre-cal, I got a 33 out of 65, which is a fail and I was sooooo upset.

But then after two years, I repeated a subject and I didn't really care pun. And I have failed so many tests and quizzes, you don't even know. Its a learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment