Saturday, October 05, 2013

Sixteen Going On Seventeen

Yesterday was my birthday! I WAS sixteen going on seventeen.

On 4th October 1996, a girl was born!

Actually, every year, I have this silly fantasy that something amazing will happen to me like the things that happen in fairytale books.

Harry was a wizard at 11.
Bella met a vampire at 16.
Clary became a shadowhunter at 15.

And then there's people who found out they're fairies, wolves, princesses, and found their true love or whatnot.

But nobody finds their destiny after 20! Right or not?! So I have 2 more years left. Yikes, it would make such a boring story if those characters were old.

So, 17 has passed. No Hogwarts letter so that's too late. No creepy vampires. No princess of a lost land hmph.

I am seventeen! When I was 10 or 11, I couldn't wait to be 13. When I was 13, I couldn't wait to be 15. And when I was 15 I couldn't wait to be 17. And now I can't wait to be 18 haha.

After 21, I think I'm not gonna want to get older after that.

But yes, seventeen now. Its odd.

And as a 17 year old, I'm going to make my first silly embarrassing confession.

Only three of my friends remembered my birthday. Yeap... I shouldn't feel so embarrassed about this but I am! Its silly but, I kinda feel, underappreciated.

Haiya, I told myself to not be so silly.

On Thursday, I was talking to BJ (who remembered!) about how no one else in class remembered and I couldn't help it, I cried. Normally, I cry because I'm mad or frustrated but this time, its pure sadness.

And then BJ freaked out, so I stopped. Then he was so nice and comforted me! If it was anyone else, they would tell me to stop being an idiot. But.... I'm still super sad

Shit, even now I'm tearing up thinking about it.

Stoicism!!

I'm sad cause I remembered all their birthdays, and celebrated and gave gifts and I want them to at least say Happy Birthday but the good part of me says, give without expecting.

And then Adrian went around saying that they're planning a birthday surprise for a teacher that is like, 2 Weeks away. How can!?

Hello!?

I'm here!!

Screw these people! I hate them, I hate them all! No more kindness for them! But as usual, I stay silent and even shared some chocolates with everyone in class.

But I wanted so much to bawl my eyeballs out.

But like I said, to expect everyone to give you something like this is silly. Its so not genuine and nice.

Give without expecting.
Give with an unexpecting heart.
Don't be a bitch, Crystal!
Its ok.
Remember that you're not entitled to anything.

Good happy thoughts lol.

But its ok, like all things, it passed!

My birthday was quite uneventful haha.

The only thing we did was buy a cake from Secret Recipe and some pizza and KFC.

But its really nice la what my family did for me, I'm happy! In the morning, my mom texted me happy birthday. And my dad showed me a Samsung catalog so maybe, just maybe, this birthday will become totally awesome?

Then we ate an expensive cake.

and....

And....

Yeah that's all lol.

Thank you to BJ, Sarah and Tiara for wishing me! Now I know who my true friends are wtf.

You guys should have some expensive cake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment