Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mighty Minds 2013... SHOW YOUR MIGHT! And someone cheated.

Today was the Mighty Minds competition and haiya, my feelings are topsy turvy today.

Early in the morning I woke up and went to school then waited for Sarah and Ben to come. When they did, we planned what to do for the hands-on challenge. We had to apply a biology concept to our model and so we decided to create a cell, as a city!

I thought that was very creative of us hahaha.

We were so into it you know! Now I can totally pass the cell section of my biology test because of that!

Then, we boarded the school bus to go to Suria Sabah, which couldn't accommodate all of us. Three people were standing, Chong, Genevieve and Carmen and so we offered one of them to sit on our seat and we were the only one who offered!! Sarah thought that these people were so selfish lol. In the end, Ben sat with us cause you know, a group that sticks together is a healthy group lol.

When we arrived there, the mall was full of students. Having nothing to do because the lower secondary was going to sign up first, Sarah, Ben and I decided to wander around.

It was so empty you know, and I can imagine playing running man there. It would be so awesome!

While wandering, we wanted to go to toilet but alas, all the toilets were closed. Except for one toilet... for men.

What to do what to do!!! We just went in and the stall I went into had a little piece of poo floating there!!!!! HAIYA HOW CAN IT BE?! But I just peed and flushed and asked Ben if it was safe to go out. You never know....

So that was that. We went back to the others and then waited....

And waited....

And waited......

And waited...................


The line was sooooo long and that was only the lower form.
 

FOR A WHOLE HOUR OR MAYBE MORE BEFORE WE COULD SIGN UP AND THEN THERE WAS MORE WAITING TO ACTUALLY START THE COMPETITION.

During the whole time of waiting, we were doing nonsense like watching videos in youtube and talking to friends from other school, which is actually not nonsense at all. But we spent only a few minutes researching for facts and stuff, which I think is what we were supposed to be doing. But even if we researched, it would be all in vain also since there's such a small chance of that coming out. So we just chilled and talked.



Me, Sarah and Ben.
 
BESACRYS TEAM!!!
 




Us chilling.
 

Oh ya, right before our part of the competition started, I saw Asshole #1! :O

Sarah so him first and whispered to me, "Omygod, there's Asshole #1..." Then I looked behind me, saw him, and tried to make myself as inconspicuous as possible.

Then Ben and Sarah told me that he saw me also and was staring (how rude), but oh well, doesn't matter. We didn't see him the whole day also after that.

Then it was time for us to go in! They divided everybody into two groups, Blue and Red. My group was in Blue.

They gave us a remote and then we would just press the answer. Pretty easy.

So the quiz starts!!

And we got the first question wrong... and the next... and the next.... and basically we sucked bad la.

How were we supposed to know if dogs and cats sweated on their feet??? I have never heard that before. Or that the Grammy award trophy is a barophone.

The people in front of us was so annoying. They kept on screaming and losing their cool everytime they get an answer right. Then when they found out that they placed first in that round, the girl in the group was screaming and pushing and pulling the guys' shirt.

I feel like punching her guts just thinking about it....

As for us, even if we got the question right or wrong, we kept our cool and hd our poker face on heh.

In the end, we placed the 38th..... *purse lips

It was expected but, I kinda felt disappointed.... What to do when you're upset in a shopping mall??

SHOPPING OF COURSE!!! :D

But before that, we went to eat first.

Because we lost so very terribly (but not as terrible as the last placed la hahahaha FTL), I lost my appetite and so didn't want to eat. I should get upset more, so I become skinny lol.


Eventhough we lost, we still smile!!

We went to the food court and sat at a table joined with three other people. We thought it was an empty table but then four other people came along and they had to sit at another table because of us.

So we asked one of the people if they wanted us to move and we would have gladly done it but....

THE GUY JUST IGNORED US! I don't know if its because he doesn't understand english or what but... Ha, dunno la.

Soon, we finished our meal and went away to shop! First (real, food doens't count) purchase of the day!


 
A diamond case for my phone! Nice or not?
 
I was actually looking for a phone casing that has a mirror so I can be vain in public but sadly, no. So this had to do. Price was RM 32.90. Its hard to believe that this little thing was the most expensive thing I bought that day.
 
Sarah bought a simple purple case and then after a little bit of walking, she went home.:(
 
So it was just Ben and me after that.
 
 
Then I bought this pastel blue french sleeve style top!
 
The price was RM69 (OMG I KNOW!) BUT it was 70% off.
 
AMAZING! So I paid RM 20.70 only. I love sales.
 
I wish I had gotten the pink one though.

 


 Then we went to Metrojaya and I saw these two beauties on a half priced sale. *big sparkly eyes
 
It looks cropped top on the left one looks really orange but really, its a soft pastel peachy colour. I bought that for RM 45.90 and the blue one for 49.90. Divide by half and so I paid RM 47.40 for both.
 
Then I was done and tired!

 
 
This is the hands on challenge. Not the buzzer.
 

Ben and I, went to see the Mighty Mind and the lower form has just started the buzzer quiz. Lok Yuk has some representative in this part, thank God!
 
The questions were so simple, I could answer most of them!!!
 
What was the BCG shot used for? TB of course!! The number killing disease in Malaysia.
 
What is the jump rope style that requires two ropes? DOUBLE DUTCH!!!!!! I was practically screaming that answer out.
 
Park Geun Hye is the president of a country. What is the capital of that country..... Seriously, some said North Korea and some said Pyongyang. The answer is Seooooooouuuuul!!!!!!
 
AND AND AND I witnessed something that seriously pissed me off.
 
As I was quietly chanting the answer under my breath, hoping that our school's group could read my mind, this uncle beside us (us as in Ben, Me and Teacher) frikking told his son or student or whoever, THE ANSWERS!!!! And that school, TEAM A, got the first prize!!!
 
Then when they have done that, the uncle then so promtly put his dirty finger to his mouth signalling the kid to shut up. It's not even once but a whole bunch of times.
 
YOU'RE NOT A WINNER IF YOU CHEATED!
 
Then the kids were smiling and giggling like little annoying hyenas as if they are so smart. AS IF THEY ACTUALLY DESERVED IT.
 
I don't know why teacher won't say anything and why Ben won't say anything but I didn't say anything because we had no proof except that we saw it. But this is my blog and if you believe me or not, that's your judgement.
 
That school has lost all respect from me now. STUPID. Now, if there is a competition and they join, I will see all their winnings as void, they must be cheaters.
 
The uncle is also so very stupid. How can you teach that kind of attitude to a kid. HOW CAN YOU TEAR AWAY THE DREAMS OF KIDS WHO ACTUALLY WORKED THEIR ASS OFF FOR THIS COMPETITION.
 
WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS WHO ACTUALLY DESERVED IT?
 
Ok, they don't deserve it. I can't do anything now.
 
After that, Lok Yuk team got 2nd prize, which they were already happy about!
 
Daddy called me to go home but before we did, we went to 1Borneo.
 
Where I bought a final piece....
 
 
Final shopping piece is this orange and blue top and I really like the collar and sleeves! This had no sale but since I fell in love, I just bought it without thinking. It was RM 29, which isn't so bad.
 
So that was my Mighty Minds competition experience. How nice! Expect for those little shits who cheated, I am happy with my day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment