Saturday, November 02, 2013

Letter To 13 Year Old Crystal

(If anyone wants me to blur out their faces or put down any photos, feel free to tell me and I'll do it ASAP).)

When I was 13, I always thought to myself, remember this moment when you finish high school. Those moments were always useless and boring ones haha but I remember that once I stared in the clock and imagined what difference life would have in 5 years.

I imagined that by 17, I would be in a relationship. Yes seriously, I was so desperate to have someone I could call mine and he had to be heartbreakingly handsome, smart, doesn't smoke, is strong spiritually, mysterious, sweet, kind, and most of all, makes my heart flutter. *gag

Big shoes to fill huh?

Yeah, so big that until now no guy has ever filled it haha.

And then I imagined that I would be breathtakingly gorgeous and smart and cool and very very mature and sophisticated. Again, big shoes and I have such small feet.

And I also thought that I would move to All Saints and mingle with rich people while drinking champagne (?).

I hated my classes. I hated the people (yeah, I did....) And I hated the overall thought of my school.

Needless to say, I was miserable and I wanted out.

But you know what 13 year old Crystal, when you turn 17, you would have already met some of the most awesome people in the world. You have laughed soooooo much till you choked and formed abs. 

Like this, yeah the guy you called rude, 13 year old Crystal. Unexpected righttttt?! But he's not rude at all!! He makes you laugh like crazy every single time you talk to him, so obviously you talk to him a lot. But at times, he can be mature when he needs to, which makes him kinda cool hoho. He's super nice! He'll be the guy who talks to you when you're all by yourself.

You would have cried, and there are friends who gather around you and say what you need to hear.

In form 5, you'll experience your worst nightmare 13 year old Crystal, you went down to third class! But no worries, the 16 year old you doesn't care and the 17 year old you loved it! It was a blast to study there, trust me.

 Again with this guy haha. Also, you'll be talking to the coolest trio ever. Zul, Hafiz and Adzman. They are seriously the best trio ever!!!


 There's this girl called Frieda. In form 3, she'll come up to your seat in the 3rd row by the window and she'll randomly tell you about her new boyfriend. Then your friendship bloomed from there. *shiny eyes And you should watch out for the day when she'll say she has a blog cause that'll be one of your favorite hobbies.

Also, there's a guy named Calvin from the chinese class who will be your classmate in form 2. He'll sit right behind you in form 2 and in form 5, he'll be one of the kindest people whom you can speak to

Jessica has been in your life since 2005. She'll change a 270 degree turn trust me. In a good way of course. You love her to death now and don't stop.

And this is Brian John, another guy from a chinese class. You'll be in the same class with him from form 2 till form 5, yeap. No matter how derpy he looks, don't underestimate him.

He is one of the guys in school that you trust. And you love talking to him cause you guys share the same kind of sick humour.

You still make weird faces without knowing that you do at the camera. But now, you start liking the way you look. Don't worry about how you'll look like, you'll start blooming when you become 15 year old Crystal.

Caroline you will meet next year. She'll sit next to you at the back of the class and that is when the party of the next four years of your life starts. Click the link. Theres one whole blog post about her haha.

Vanissa will turn out to be one of your best friends! You'll love her very much, trust me. I'm not sure how you two got close but just go with the flow. What I do know is that, you two will start talking more after form 3. I don't know much, but what I do know is that she'll be one of the people who will mean a lot to you.

Carlin also! She is damn smart ok, ask her any add maths questions in form 5. And also, dunno how you guys got close, eh heh...-.0 However, I don't think we've talked as much as I would have loved to. :( But nevermind, we've talked during those days that we both wait for our parents in front of the school. :)

Sarah is a new girl next year. You will be immediately envious of her beauty and then more envious of her singing talent. Listen to her, cause she gives the best advice ever. In form 4, you and her will bond over drama. And you will love drama, trust me.

Aina and you will bond over her textbooks in form 3. You will be a bad class monitor and will be entrusted with the responsibility of helping her with her textbooks. In form 5, you guys will talk A LOT.

Donovan is a random guy in your life, forget about him. HAHA JUST JOKING. He is the class clown and will be responsible for most of your laughter in form 5. He has become more good looking huh?

The person taking this picture is Asrie and he has become wayyyy taller. You thought he was good looking then, he's very good looking now! Haha, and he's one of the nice guys that you love hanging around with.

Oh ya!! That crush you have right now will go on till form 3. He will be nicknamed Mathias (based on your favorite model). And Mathias will never ever like you back. EVER. Or at least, not so far. But its no use telling you not to waste energy and breath over this one way feeling, cause you will.

Right now, hmmm, I don't know. He's made you fall for him (hard), and now, I'm kinda spiralling back. Though now I know that I need to resist. And btw, you make it so obvious you like him, so he knows you like him all this while. But you guys have never talked about it.

Well, 13 year old Crystal, there are lots more pictures out there but people haven't uploaded them on facebook yet. Yeap, that thing you signed up for this year has officially replaced Friendster lol.

In 1st November 2013, you will have your last real class of high school. You didn't cry then. But while taking pictures with your best buds, you feel like you lose a part of yourself. You will hug them tightly as if you will never see them again.

And you feel that if you could, you'd have another year with them all over again.

1 comment: