Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Going Crazy Thinking About This

OH MY... People can track who view their profiles on facebook. Well, there goes my stalking.

I've always been obsessed with what I want to do in the future.

I've also taken multitudes of career tests and its bullshit. So inaccurate...

Nothing fits my criterias! Which are --

  1. AMAZING pay. I want to be rich. I don't care how horrible that makes me sound, almost everyone wants to be rich.
  2. Its gotta be something I can see myself being happy with.
  3. I don't want to study too long for it. Some occupation needs years of studying and internships.
  4. I want to be proud of what I'm doing. So for me, that would be something like superwoman lol. No, actually, I really want to contribute to society and the world somehow.
Not such a long list at all.

I actually thought about becoming a surgeon or psychiatrist because its what my parents want and society will look at me like *gasp! and people always look down on me because of the way I act. I know I can do it if I really want to but I don't want to lol. I can't see myself being happy.

Oh ya, you guys should check here here to find out your personality types. I think I'm an Idealist  (INFP type).

Anyway, I've done some researching (okay, googling) and here are the careers which I think I may like.

1. Writer
I would LOVE to write in a woman's magazine about beauty, relationships and all that jazz! The pay is a median of RM 169,031 (55420 USD) a year. The workplace is an office and there will be a lot of competition because these kinds of jobs are always popular. And I love writing! Plus, with writing, I can definitely help people with their problems especially with young teens, I would love doing that! However, the job outlook is kinda slow and I would really have to be a top-knotch writer.

2. Zoologist
I've always wanted to work with animals and I feel that animals are in need of more help as time passes. The annual pay is RM 175,161 (57,430 USD) a year. Its definitely a messy job and I'm not sure if I can tolerate that and again, it has a slow career outlook. But I'm sure its a satisfying job and one of the jobs I'll be really, really proud to tell people. Hey mommy! Today I saved a leopard!

3. Veterinarian
Again its with animals. The pay is great! RM 250,222 (82,0410 USD) anually. Career outlook is much faster than average too! Imagine there is a scale of science careers. Surgeons being in the clouds. And Biotech researchers like my sister being on the ground. And jobs like lab assistants in primary school being 1000 feet underwater. Veterinarians are in the clouds so its going to be really really hard. By the way, I don't know if the scale is really true, its what my sister says.

And if I were too really base my career on what I truly love, and nothing about pay or career outlook....

 4. Zoo curator
Curators are the people who oversee all the animal aspects in the zoo. Like their diets, husbandry, health and all that. They also oversee the educators, veterinarians and keepers. Basically, they keep the zoo animals in check. Pay is a median of RM 148,840 (48,800 USD) but its on of those jobs that pays higher with experience. Job outlook is bad so I would have to work really hard.

5. Blogger
Need I say more? This is my dream job! But people keep saying, no, it will never happen and I'm afraid, what if it doesn't happen for me. But I would choose this job if money and position wasn't important to me lol. I love blogging! I love writing about myself and what I do and I like the thought of everything recorded nicely even if it is online.

So, I'm still clueless of what my future holds. Maybe I'll be World's Greatest Writer or the Curator Who Changed the World wth.

Haha, if you have any idea if something I haven't listed would suit me, or if any of the jobs I've listed is great for please please PLEASE let me know because I'm going crazy thinking about this. Or tell me about your dream job and how you found it because I really want to know.

I know you readers are out there! *point fingers

I could be a careers counsellor from all this obsession with careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment