Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Hobbit

Huahh! I jutst watched The Hobbit just now and it was 3 hours of epicness!

I've never been a big Lord Of The Rings fan because Gollum freaks me out and gives me nightmares. And I don't understand the first few minutes of the first movie back when I first saw it which was a long time ago so I wasn't interested in the rest of the trilogy.

I tried reading the book which was equally tedious so I stamped the whole thing as just a chore.

Up till now, I still don't know what does the line 'You shall not pass' mean or who is Gandalf The White or Gandalf The Grey is or if Frodo and that other hobbit is gay because it really seems like it. Or even why the ring is so addicting.

But now that I've watched The Hobbit, my eyes have been opened to a whole new magical and beautiful world! The movie was really beautiful and funny and sad and making me go on the borderline of crazy when epic fighting scenes happen.

This is exactly what I thought of Harry Potter before I read it. That it was boring and the usual stuffy english movie.

So, I'm going to read J.R.R Tolkien's books or at least try to because I don't want to miss out on LOTR. It seems like a really fun world to disappear into.

Then I'm going to try watching the movies and not run away at the sight of Gollum.

My precious.... My pretty... Shall we eat some fish today, precious? I think anyone would recognize the quote "My precious" right?

Prepare for lots of LOTR references from now on..

Now, about the movie.

Its definitely my type of movie! Funny, witty, no annoying characters and epic fight scenes. Bravo.

I love that there were no sex scenes and no form of romance at all. After all, it is an adaptation of the book. Twilight saga sucked a lot because of the excessive make out sessions and touchy. But maybe that's all the movie was about. Back to The Hobbit...

There were only probably 10 people in the theatre so I comfortably stretched away from my family and sat down like a Mak Cik using up two seats to make myself comfy. Only when Gollum appeared that I scurried back to my brother's side.

I really can't say anything much because if I spoil the movie for you then there won't be an element of suspense and suspense is a big part of the movie.

So I'm going to shut up about it and I really really recommend the movie to all the fantasy geeks out there. Of course though, if you are a fantasy geek, I wouldn't even need to recommend it.

And if you're not into singing dwarves, ugly monsters, tiny people or don't want to marry elves then maybe this movie isn't for you.

And you and I can't be friends anymore.

Oh ya and theres a story of when I went out during the trailer to pee and the guy at the counter taking care the 3D glasses talked to me asking for my brothers number. FML.

Haha, turns out, he was my brothers friend back at their secondary school days. I didn't have my brother's number at that time but the guy still insisted.

So I said search on Facebook since everyone is on Facebook nowadays but he said he doesn't go online much. He expects me to believe that?

In the end, I gave him my little brother's number which I thankfully memorized.

After the movie, I told my brother about it and it turns out that they're not really close friends.

Why so desperate to get my brother's number eh? Something smells fishy....

No comments:

Post a Comment