Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Purcrystally's Saving Money 101

As most of you well know or if you don't know, I am a money freak. I love the thought of having money stuffed up under my bed.. kinda like a sense of security you know. Anyway, here's a guide to money saving, Crystal style.

1. Always assume you are poor.
Always assume you are poor because then you'll be more critical to what you buy. Like, you wanna buy a lip gloss, and its RM 10, then you'll say, OMG THIS IS TOO EXPENSIVE! THIS SHOP IS ROBBING ME!!!! Then you storm out, and at the end of the day, you're RM 10 richer! WOOHOO!

And always your own water to school, you'll save RM 1! But I always forge my water haiya.

2. You'll love cheaper stuff more trust me.
When I was shopping a few months ago, I bought a dress for RM 20!!! Such a steal right! And it was gorgeous! I loved it so much not because it was gorgeous though, but it was gorgeous and cheap! And now I have no idea where it is, it got lost mysteriously. But I don't care, it was cheap anyway. Now, if I bought it for RM 100, I would be crying and freaking out right now, whic is not worth it. My RM 20 dress didn't do that to me, so yeah, I love it more now!

So yeah, I have come to be angry at my expensive clothes. I would just stare at it and imagine all the other stuff I could do with the money..

And a few months ago, I started buying mee sup from the malay canteen at school. I don't know if its the cheap price of RM 2 or what, but somehow it tastes better!

3. Minimalist is the way to go.
Only buy what you need obviously.

Like food? Pfft, food is for weaklings. Buy some bread that costs RM1 in school, for me thats already a feast.

Like water? Back to my other point, bring water from home.

Like underwear? Hmmm, this one is tricky.. Oh oh oh! There are some stores that sell underwear for RM 5 each if you buy in bulks! Like Parkson, in 1B, the underwear in the very back are super cheap and super comfy! Trust me, I know. I bought about 6 of them, for RM 30. There are also ones that are equally comfy, for RM 2 each cause I bought 5 of them for RM 10. And you know, you don't even need to buy cute ones cause nobody will see them anyway.

Omg, am I seriously going on and on about cheap underwear? Moving on...

Like clothes? I'm actually notiving clothes that are less than RM 30 now, you just have to know where to find them. :) Oh yeah!! Jevella, my classmate, brought some catalogs from her uncle's store! And they were mostly cheap stuff! I ordered a white top with pink stripes (or a pink top with white stripes) but it was out of stock. And it was only for RM 22 too, haiay, what  a shame...


Kinda like this, but pink, and bigger stripes.




4. Never lend untrustorthy friends money.
I learnt this the hard way. And if someone refuses to pay you, or conveniently forget, you should conveniently remind them. And by conveniently, I mean erupt your anger on them.

5. Don't spend money you don't have.
As in, don't ever borrow money. I have this 'friend' who just simply went through my purse and saw RM 30, and I guess she thought that I had the money to spare and took out RM 10 and said "Can I borrow?" Then she put it into her pocket before I could say anything!!! Although that happened 3 years ago, I am still very much pissed. But being the coward I am, I just decided to let that one go.

6. Don't leave money lying around.
3 years ago, I had RM 150 in my purse. And since that purse was too big to fit into my pocket, I just held it in my hand. Well, that was a bad idea to bring that much money to school because one day, I lost my purse. FML. Then, this year, I left my purse lying around while I went to fencing training. Then after 5 minutes, I realised my mistake and rushed to get my purse. By the time I got there and opened my purse, I lost RM 100. Double FML. Oh yeah, last year, I left my bag lying around somewhere, and it wasn't at school even, and lost RM 300. Triple FML. Carelessly this year, I left my purse inside my desk and that contained another RM 150! Thank God Caroline-unnie took it for me!

Moral of the story is, don't leave your money lying around!! Evil people who steal money are everywhere!!

7. Little by little goes a long way
I used to always leave my coins lying around the house. But now I don't and guess what! In a month, I manage to get about RM 16 worth of coins! So eventhough it soesn't seem like much, a drop of water raises the sea. Lol, where do I come up with that saying.

Repeat steps 1-7 your whole life and soon you will be a millionaire!! Yay!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment