Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Success Is A Choice

Change the way you think. A parachute only works if it is open.

Today, the counselling unit in my school organized a motivational talk and I loved it!

Everybody is a champion, so you must be thinking. If I am a champion, why am I like this?! Well, its everything around us like facebook, texting, 9gag, blogging, shopping or sleeping that is putting that champion to sleep. So, the speaker told us 17 steps to bring out the champion in ourselves.

Number 1 : Believe
Pick a colour, either red, yellow, green or blue, he said. And I chose..... YELLOW! Because there wasn't any pink, yellow was the best colour I saw there. Which meant I am creative. Could this be any more wrong?? Haha, red would be emotional, blue would be analytical and green would be organized. Aww, I'm creative? I guess in a sense, I could be when it comes to writing. But in art and drawing, I would get rotten tomatoes thrown at me.

Did you know that Thomas Edison only had 3 months of school? Because his teacher told him that he was stupid so his mother taught him herself. She said that he was so smart, that even the teacher couldn't teach him. I think that teacher is stupid. All teachers should study psychology so that they could find out a good method to teach. Like my chemistry teacher, shes a really good teacher, very informative. But when she teaches, the pace is too fast and I end up not understanding a single thing.

And then there is my Form 3 maths teacher. I used to hate maths ever since I got my butt hit by a teacher back when I was 10 because I didn't know my multiplications. Ever since then I refused to do anything with math and ended up getting a B on my UPSR. But my Form 3 maths teacher is so kind and loving. I was never scared to ask her anything and she never gets tired of explaining! I LOVE HER!!!! Everytime she finishes explaining one thing she would stop and thats when we could ask questions.


2. Relieve stress

3. Do It Now.
For this one, he said that we have to act now. Early bird gets the worm right? We can't wait for permission from other people.

4. Unleash The Champion
What makes a lazy person is the ridiculous amount of No's that is said to the person. NO NO NO DON'T DO THIS DON'T DO THAT WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??!! So in the end we'll just go on Facebook, where we have the freedom to say what's on our mind, or play games where we have the freedom to do the things we aren't allowed to do.

5. Physical Mystery
Make sure you are healthy. Eat fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and all that jazz.

6. Clear Thinking
You have to be confident that you can achieve your goals. Be sure of your goal in life and all that jazz.

7. Positive attitude.
A certain purple annoying person was sitting behind me half the time just now. He kept on complaining how hot it is, how boring it is and acted aas if thatpurple shirt of his gave him license to bother me by tapping my back.

8. Power Of Communication

9. Sharpen Your Memory

10. Power Of Focus.


The speaker also told us to draw a picture of ourselves and write our names underneath. Then he snuck up behind me somehow and asked me what I wanted to be! I actually don't know what I wanted to be when I grow up, so I cracked under the pressure and randomly said PR. Haiya, what is wrong with me!!!

Actually I already have kind of a sense of what I want to become.

Something to do with writing because I think my best subject is English. So I want to write columns for magazines or newspapers, possibly about beauty! Because I love anything beauty!! So yeah, I wanna write beauty columns. Then I will work my way up the ladder and soon become editor of a magazine! Then I will design my own beauty brand and soon I WILL BE RULER OF THE WORLD!!!

Ah crap. My secret is out.

I have always admired the beauty magazines eventhough I have only read Cleo mag, I still love it! I will pour my heart and soul into reading it! I don't know why I haven't thought of it before but I really really really want to do this! I want to write for Cleo someday!!!!

I know my career choice always changes but I don't want to be miserable my whole life because I'm forced to choose my career at 16.

For now, its best to just work hard on homework and exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment