Thursday, September 13, 2012

Forgive And Forget


It is said that in every relationship, you lose two close friends. When I thought about this I was like pfft, I have coke, I have McDonalds, where would I find the time for friends? I'm joking, okay. I DO HAVE FRIENDS, TRUST ME!

Anyway, I thought about two friends I lost and realized that I didn't notice I've lost two close friends from All Saints, Nate and Tiara. I didn't realise this until just a while ago.

I didn't really realise that I don't keep in contact with them anymore because I don't really feel like I've lost a really big part of my life. We've never fought, though sometimes we all got a little annoying. Maybe the friendship got boring because of that. I don't even feel like I miss them and I used to think that I couldn't live without them!

Its amazing how things and people change so fast. In just a few months, your best friend could turn out to be a nobody.

I guess I'm feeling a sense of relief too because the other day, my English teacher asked the class if we could forgive and forget. I do find it hard to forgive some things but sooner or later, I'll come around. But geez, I am the most forgettable person ever and yet, there are some things that I just can't squeeze out of my brain. Mostly I can't forget embarrassing stuff that happened to me, but once in a while, I remember some times when I get disappointed by people. I'm really an easy person to please you know! But then comes a situation like this..

I found out about the movie the Hunger Games and while talking on the phone with Tiara, I immediately asked her out to see it. I remembered how enthusiastic I was and excited before watching the movie. I've read the book, watched the trailer countless times and yada yada yada. So we made plans to go that Saturday, yay!

Of course, the odds aren't in my favour (hahaha what a pun) since I had school that Saturday. So, I took the bus to Suria and you should know, that I don't lightly take the bus. If I can, I won't ever let my future daughter take public transport either. So yeah, the bus. I didn't expect the bus to be so late so i arrived a little late. Oh yeah, I wasn't alone la. I had someone with me.

When I was almost at Suria, after taking two buses, TWO BUSES (what a big sacrifice on my part), I texted Nate and Tiara saying I was almost there. And the reply made me so frikkin pissed and disappointed!!

"We're at the cinema with Erik and Sarah."

The odds are definitely not in my favour. These are the two most hated people in the depths of my deep dark ebony heart and you're watching the  very movie that you are supposed to be watching with me (who was damn excited, like a kid getting to meet a friendly clown), to watch with Erik and Sarah
(the clown turned into the Joker)???! I mean seriously, I get Erik, he's Nate's best friend, but you could've just flipped the girl the finger cause you don't like her anymore than I do!  Who the what cares if she's his then girlfriend? And damn, when I met the girl for the first time, she immediately thought that I hated her. Well, okay, that's actually true, my hatred wasn't really a secret.

I didn't even know they were going to be there oh... gaaaaah!! If I did, I would've spammed makeup on my face lol.

Of course, I got over the whole hatred thing, but I'm still angry at them because I felt betrayed, you know? My teacher told us a story about how someone made her feel and she can't forget that feeling, and I can't forget this one, even though its quite petty.

But I was glad of how I acted yay! Because I was very civilised even though some venom slipped out when I said Sarah looked like a Primary 3 student. And they thought I was joking pfft haha!

Oh well. That was a few months ago and I'm in the slow process of forgiving and forgetting.

Did I sound angry in this post? Because I am not actually haha. Its just the frustration channeling through my fingertips and now, I feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment