Monday, September 10, 2012

Sindex 2012!!! (Sabah Invention and Design Exhibition)

I seriously am overwhelmed during the weekend because of SINDEX.

On Friday...
We all came to school as usual and went to UMS, where SINDEX was held using the school bus. We brought all the decorations that our hands could get a hold of and when we arrived, we were the second school to arrive. So yay!! We could decorate our booth in peace!

That's what we thought because we took half an hour to decide what to do. In that half hour, everyone around us came. So yeah, no more privacy.

After a few hours of decorating, I still felt unsatisfied! NO NO NO! How are we supposed to win the Best Booth Award if its ugly!? There wasn't even a teacher to guide us at the time. When I saw Vanissa's booths, it was so pretty and I am jealous to see that there were teachers helping them. So... I did what any other spoiled brat would do, I called my mom.

So my mom brought over some fabric for us to use and she told us how to decorate it the best. I have never been more happy to see my mom than that time. At the end of the day, although the booth looked less shabby, it was still empty. So I went home, and rummaged around the house for random decorations...

Saturday DUN DUN DUN!
I was the earliest the come and all around me, I saw that most booths collapsed. I brought along Toffee, my huge green teddy bear, some legos to make star wars, a tower plate for candy and speakers for songs. We also added paintings from Elvena, legos from teacher, some fabric from Ben and me, and lots of other stuff la!

I got started on the tower and while doing it, Zul, Ben and Caroline came! Then everybody else came!

We managed to finish everything just in time for the Opening Ceremony which was boring. For this one, they presented us the Certificate Of Participation which Teacher Marzita took for us.

The whole day passed in a blur of disney songs and people asking about our project. Smart Reflex. The judges came early so we were fresh and ready when they came to our booth! They seemed impressed which was a good sign! Yay, I was happy! The tension diffused quite early for us so we relaxed the whole day.

We went around and saw lots and lots of booths! There were quite some interesting ones like a computer program, tables, chairs. But I was drawn to beauty items! There were scrubs, makeup removers and lotions and they were right in fron of our booth! The joy!

The first booth I went to was this fish fertiliser booth where they make fish fat so they are yummier. I was the first one to try it!

Then, at the end of the day, they announced the winners. They were calling out name and just when we thought we lost, they said that it was the lower division and just like that our hopes went back up. I knew we couldn't have possibly lost because, well we worked too hard for it! And we won Winner for the Education and Office Award! And consolation prize for Overall winner.



After that everybody cleaned up and went home, leaving me. I went home at 6pm. How lonely.

Sunday
We came around as usual. The whole day passed as usual, lots of talking and such. So lets just look at lots of pics.





Yes, I carried Toffee around the booths. And when I passed this booth, the guy said if he could hug Toffee! Yes of course! Love is free!!


 
You wouldn't believe how popular Toffee is. When I was going home, it wasn't "Bye, Crystal!!" But, "Bye TOFFEEEEEEE OMGYOU'RESOADORABLEI'MGONNADIE!!!"
 
I actually got a little jealous of Toffee for a while because he was getting all the men and ladies.




 
 




And since a picture has a tousand words, a video must have a gazillion! So here's one.


 
Everybody loves the Toffee! Toffee is happy that he touched a lot of people lol. That's a bad joke.
 
Finally, it was the end of the day and they were going to announce the winners! They announced Bronze first and we got one for the mosquito trap. Then came the silvers and we got one for the skirt. I was getting really anxiousby now, what about the SMART REFLEX??? Surely we must get something right? So then there were 7 Gold Medals to be awarded and I counted off the names.
 
7 medals. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2.
 
There's only one left. So I said, "Haiya... better not get our hopes up la," and played my Galaxy Tab and watched a home design magazine with Elvena. Caroline and Vanissa was sure we would get it and I didn't want to disappoint them and quickly said, "No la, its impossible tu...".
 
 
"And last, but not least...." the commentator said... I really didn't want to listen at all and got myself ready for sadness that was definitely going to wave over me. I knew I was going to cry... loudly, and I braced myself.
 
"The last Gold Medal goes to...." I couldn't help it! I looked up, filled with impossible hope. But I knew hope was going to be the one to crush me....
 
"SMK..."
 
 
 
 
 
"LOK YUK, for their invention, SMART REFLEX!!," Then, I screamed. I wasn't the only one though. My chair was almost toppling over because I was jumping around and then I ran up to the stage. Halfway, I stopped and waited for my friends and together, we won!
 
Then when we sat down, we looked at the marvelous medals, a silver and a gold! Bronze didn't get a medal.
 
Then, it was time for the Special Awards.
 
First is the Most Innovative Award. And guess who swiped it away!!! Smart Reflex!!! We also got the Most Marketable Award, and all around me, people were glaring daggers of jealousy. LOL. Hahahhaha!
 
I really couldn't believe it! I almost cried!!



I was so happy I looked ugly!! That's how happy I was!



Most Marketable Award.




Most Innovative Award! Darn it, I look ugly.



With all our medals and trophies and Toffee! And we got tons and tons of certificates!!

Yay! I am really happy that I said yes when I was asked to join SINDEX. It was all worth it!



Isn't it beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Why can't i see those photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Sorry, maybe blogspot has some problems with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete