Saturday, September 01, 2012

First Day Of Tennis


I just had my first tennis lesson and my left arm aches. How weak!!

My parents wanted me to join tennis lessons because I need to try something new and get out of the house. I told them I could be shopping but I guess that doesn't count a productive in their terms. So, despite my protests, I went.

Normally when I go for sports, I wear my school sports uniform, because the only sports I will participate is mandatory for school. But just for fun kind of sports? Nuh-uh. So that's why when I looked at my wardrobe, I felt at loss of what to wear.... So I just settled for shorts and a pink shirt.

After getting ready, off we went!! We arrived half an hour late though. I planned to stick right beside my mother like the baby I am, but the coach said since my mom knew how to swing the racket, she is going to the other coach (there were three coaches, one of which is my cousin).

So I was left alone.... Well, not so alone because there was also a guy. I forgot his name, but it was also his first time. I thought he was Form 5 or something close to my age but when we got to know each other, I found out he was 24!! (Insert guy's name here), if you ever found out about my blog and read this, I apologize in advance if I seem awkward and weird.

Our conversation :
Me : *whisper to coach* Is it his first time too?
Coach : Yup!
Me : *drop the whispering when I realize he can hear me* Hi. I'm Crystal!
Guy : Hi. (Name). Uh, Crystal right?
Me : Mm hmm.

Then we talked..
Guy : How old are you?
Me : 16. You?
Guy : 24.
Me : Ahh.

Lol. It was awkward. I almost asked him. "What Form are you?" Then he would say, "Oh just finished University," or something like that.

First thing I learnt was the forehand, then backhand, then serve. I was okay okay la. More to suckish than a natural.. I hit it wrong, stop midswing, my wrist was always wrong but BUT but, I didn't fall down!

Maybe my fencing has something to do with my suckishness, because when the ball came towards me, I tend to lunge for it rather than running towards the ball. But my aim was okay!!! Eventhough I lunged, I managed to hit it. If someone recorded me, it would look cool hoho! Or maybe I would look retarded who knows.

Along the lesson, I actually had fun. The coach was always patient! And I think this coach is a deserving person who deserves my best! So I shall definitely work hard!

But he didn't see my best. It always happens!! That when I am training all by myself when nobody is watching, I do okay, but then when coach comes to see how I'm doing, I always miss the ball, hit it sideways or do something stupid. Maybe I felt nervous or maybe I just have crap luck.

While we were practising, there happened to be an accident! A motorcycle and a van ka that? But the motorcyclist was okay. He didn't die.. But we all stared at him while he struggled with his bike which was embarassing on his behalf.

And Guy (I'll just call him Guy till I remember his name. Was it Chia?) and I spent half the time picking up balls. Which means lotsa squatting, which means I will soon have firm butt and thighs! Just as well, I hate the thought of my butt and thighs jiggling.

Oh the joy the joy!!

So after having a good training, I decided that I will go again next week. I only hope that my coach will continue to be patient with me as I can be very annoying sometimes. And I hope that the wole swimming scenario doesn't happen again.

Swimming scenario : I have been training in swimming for 3 years already. My coach was a friendly guy, he never scolded me. One day!!! He scolded my friend who was crying because her dad disappeared for a while. "Don't cry!!" he said harshly. Ever since that day I never came back. Which is quite a shame. It seemed like three years of training was wasted. I went there Monday to Friday at 6pm and it was freezing! All that sacrifice, swept away because I was a pussy.

I was getting tired of it anyway. But I don't know if I can survive in the sea or a flood because my arms and legs are weak...

So now I can put these three sports in my resume!

Swimming - 3 years. (actually 4 because I went swimming in form 1)
Fencing - 4 years (or 5 if I count next year)
Tennis - 1 day lol.

Finally when I was getting ready to go home, one of the coaches recognized me as "anak Monsu" my dad's child. Apparently, he was my dad's coach back in the days. So its like a butler that is passed down from generation to generation.

P.S I'm going to change my URL to siorlasair.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment