Friday, June 29, 2012

SFA 2nd Fencing Tournament... Is That What Its Called?

Hey its me!!!

I took this picture right after I lost a fencing match. Notice how pale I look?


Look at those fencers who went to the next round... *crawls to a corner

During this tournament, I was really not in the mood to fence. Mostly because there were no friends and that the equipment we were given was so bad, we might as well throw turds at each other. The 'referee' had to stop a lot of times because my blade had a lot of problems. But then it turns out that it was my wire that was the problem... but that's just as bad! And the breeches! Gurl, don't get me started on the breeches! Because the breeches' zip was broken so my zip was hard to pull up!! There I was, like a complete retard struggling with my pants zip. It looked VERY VERY VERY VERY wrong.

A guy named Adam was the 'referee' (I don't know the specific title) and when he was trying to fix my blade for the umpteenth time, he took another blade and parried me (parry is to hit my blade with his blade) and OMG it was so strong the parry almost knocked me over. Haha, no wonder la cause he's an international fencer. And he's from my school, Lok Yuk too! *thumbs up. His parry was also so fast, like half a second for two parries. Okay, I'm probably exaggerating.

Oh yeah! Do you see the Milo banner in the picture? Well, thats because Milo sponsored the tournament and brought a huge truck full of cold Milo! I probably drank about 50 small cups haha. This, I did not exaggerate.

And I don't know why la, but I get a lot of advice when I go to fencing. Because right after I took the first picture, the Milo uncle gave me some tips on winning. At first I was a bit skeptical because who is this uncle to tell me how to fence?! But then, he's not just any uncle, he's a Milo van uncle so he must have been to a lot of sport tournaments. Soooo, I just listen la. He told me to steal tactics from the professional ones. Learn the tricks and cheats. Hmmm, yeah, I could probably give it a try.

I already know who to observe. This gorgeous tall girl from UMS called Renee. She beat me with a score of 15-0!! T___T In less than 2 minutes again that!!!

Actually no, it wasn't even a bit close. 15-0!! Can you believe that?

What a shame that I didn't take a picture of myself in my fencing gear and everything. Sigh, oh well! As Mdm. Tan, a teacher said, I looked like a woman warrior.


I also broke a nail! The sacrifices of being a woman warrior. The broken nail is at the index finger btw.




Maybe I'll have more luck next time la.. At least I did better than my first competition last year, where I just decided to quit epee fencing tournament. Now I'm just concentrating on foil fencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment