Monday, November 12, 2012

As A Little Me

I was having dinner just now when my mum suddenly exclaimed what an adorable child I was, which I could do nothing else but agree.

So here are facts of Little Me.

When my little brother was a baby, I used to point my finger at his mouth and giggle every time he opens it. Then I would scream, 'Mummyyyyy! Baby wanna eat already!!' Then I would turn to my baby brother and say, 'Eat this first....' while stuffing a blanket into his mouth.

I used to be really gullible! My cousins used to say how a turkey makes the sound 'Turkey!' And not just simple clucking like a chicken.

And one day, my cousin and I was taking a walk, and we passed an unfruitful durian tree. She said that my uncle married two durian trees and the husband durian told the wife durian to not have children, so that's why te were unfruitful.

My mom told me women gave birth through the navel.... which I believed till I was 9 years old maybe.

When I was five years old, I swallowed a coin because I thought that it was cold so it was really yummy.

I found out about how people reproduce at the age of 11 when I asked my PJK teacher.

I wrote the same date everyday for my Chinese exercise books when I was in kindergarten. Seriously... I don't know what my mother was thinking to send me to a Chinese kindergarten. My English and Malay was bad and then have to learn Chinese again? All I knew then was 'wo ai ni'.

I used to go outside at night sitting beside the pond, under the mango trees at my old house. My family said that that was my creepy, melancholic phase.

I used to run outside to greet my sister when she came back from school by bus everyday.

I used to wear dresses! There was this dress my mom made and I really loved it. It was blue and white checkered.

I loved people touching my hair! So I always insisted that my aunt, cousin, sister or mother braid my had into small single braids just to prolong the grooming.

I was obsessed with colour pencils and I loved colouring. I used to spend hours just so that I colour only inside the lines. There's just something really fun about colouring.

I loved to make chains out of flowers.

You know how Asian children have gone through the Asian hairstylesio like the wok or bowl or helmet hairstyle? Well, I did when I was 5 years old. When I first went to a Chinese kindergarten.

I have been using the same blanket since I was 5 years old that the best aunt in the world hand stiched for me.



I had an over abundance of creativity that I developed a way of naming my pets. Meow Putih, Meow Hitam, Meow Kuning, Meow Kelabu, Fifi, and Fufu. And there was a phase where I adored Twilight and named two hamsters Carlisle and Esme. And there was also a hamster named Neo based on the movie Matrix but I ended up calling him Hammie anyway. Oh ya, and my most recent pet is a fish named Caramel.



Whenever we had art in class, I always drew a sunflower or a butterfly. And I remembered at Standard 1 I had straight A's, except for art.

I used to avoid vegetables at all costs. But now I love them because I always imagine the good they will do to my overall beauty!

I used to pretend I was a mermaid and pretended that I was swimming on the floor.

Big Sister used to say that I had fleas and bluffed me by pretending to kill them on my head. And I loved the feeling of people touching my head so I demanded that she do it while I am bathing everyday. Even when she finally told me that I didn't have fleas, I still wanted her to kill fleas on my head.

I liked to chase chickens and when I finally did catch one, I didn't want to let it go and cried when it slipped away.

I had fun playing Paint at my old PC.

My favorite pastime was either playing Snakes on my moms hand phone or catching fishes in the pond in my backyard.

I used to marvel at the stars back at my kampung and shone a flahslight to it to see it clearer. Then a man said that God would be angry if I did that so I cried and ran to my mum.

I used to hate taking a bath and back then, we didn't have a shower, just a pipe. So I took some baby powder and applied it all over my skin especially my leg. And I applied it for maybe half an hour until my leg bled. Yikes.

I used to put an empty fish bowl in my dining room and wrote 'Crystal's Money' and my dad filled it up everyday. I was so happy whenever he did!

With no internet or computer or phone, I had a lot of free time as a child. So I spent it reading a Childscraft book collection. And most of the things I read there I learnt in Form 2 like photosynthesis and Inertia. So all the things I read about at the age of 5 was not in vain after all!

Ahh, I really loved my Childscraft books. Especially the History book. Surprisingly.

And there are many more that I can think of probably but I'm too lazy to even do that now.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly i enjoy reading your blogs. i was waiting for another post and i would check few times everyday! finally you posted one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!! Haha, yeah I was having a writer's block. Everytime something inspires me to blog, I'll forget it in 5 minutes.. T__T

      Delete
    2. Aah could you suggest any blogs for me to follow? :) not those.fashion blogs or whatever i wanna follow those that talk abt their everyday life like you :D

      Delete
    3. Yeah sure :D. I'll post the blogs I read on the sidebar --->

      Delete