Thursday, November 08, 2012

I Am Genuinely Happy With My Life

Have you ever felt that feeling when you're genuinely happy with life? Like you go to sleep at night looking forward to the next day? Then you look around you and you just think, I'm SO BLOODY HAPPY!!!!

Because thats how I feel right now!

I mean, I've got pretty clothes, quite a nice family, everything I could want in life and thats pretty awesome for me.

A lot of people I see around me are just overall having a shitty time but the way I see it, its for the silliest things.


Ehem.

Happiness does exist.

Fun does exist.

Freedom does exist.

Maybe this asian was particularly emo in that post but, lets just say.

Anyway, I find happiness when I concentrate more on what I have rather than what I want. And when I think all of these things that I have, it makes me realise that I don't really need the things that I want.
One day, a grandfather told his grandson that there are two wolves that are constantly battling each other inside of us. One of the is called UNHAPPINESS (resentment, hatred, jealousy) and the other is called HAPPINESS (love, compassion, gratitude). So the grandson asked, "Which one wins?" And the grandfather replied, "The one you feed."
 
So let go of the negative thoughts that you have lurking around because they just may not be true about yourself. Be happy with what you have, be GRATEFUL. If you're never grateful, then you'll never be happy with what you have because you'll always be wanting MORE MORE MORE.

I try to always remember that nobody owes me anything. Every good deed that people have done for me is something that I should remember all my life. Every good deed I have done for people shouldn't be expected to be returned, and if theres anything is to return is that they made me happy because I am always happy whenever I do something nice willingly.

Sometimes, you hate your parents. They could have easily chosen not to have you when you were a baby, and they could just as easily kick you out into the cold night. They could easily let you starve. They could easily clothe you in rags. If they did none of the above, call Child Services lol. But people keep on dwelling on the things the parents don't let them have they forgot all the things their parents did give them.

This may be weird, but I got slightly worried that my dad doesn't care about me when he didn't get mad at me on my results, but then, I thought nah, he just has confidence in me lol. Sorry for the digression.

And I think its amazing how much we all want to be accepted into society. Like if someone out there doesn't like us, the world would stop turning and we would all die. Now I know that that is bullshit. Its really easier to accept that not everybody will love you right? And so many of us dwell on our haters more than the people who love us. So why not take all these haters and put them in a dark corner where they belong and put the people who love us on a mantlepiece?

So don't worry about things that won't change even if you worry. Don't worry that it will rain. Don't worry that you're ugly. Don't worry that theres something stuck between your tooth. Don't worry that people won't like you. Don't worry because these negative thoughts will destroy you. Besides, these thoughts are often false anyway.

Basically live by the saying, don't worry, be happy!

Lol, this wasn't supposed to be a useful post so I'll stop now because I have absolutely no idea what I'm saying anymore. And who the hell do I think I am telling you how to be happy. Different people have different kinds of happiness right?

No comments:

Post a Comment