Sunday, July 29, 2012

Long Day

Brace yourselves, this is a long post.

Yesterday, the best aunt in the world said that there were a lot of cheap shoe sales in suria. And of course, when it comes to shopping, I unshamefully will ask my aunt to bring me shopping. So the next day, we went to church together and after that we went shopping!!! Yay! Except we didn't really go shopping.

After we ate, she said that shes gonna bring me for a facial because my skin is getting worse and worse. Which is true, no matter what I do, it's getting more out of hand. Even if I don't wear makeup, even if I clean, even if I moisturise. Haih, there is simply no way. So we went to a facial salon where Aunty always goes to.

When we came in, we were immediately greeted with a warm smile by a lady. And then the lady, Michelle I think her name is, said that I should start with a normal facial and a treatment where they reduce the sensitivity of my skin. She said that my problem area was my forehead. You don't say! Haha. Then, they served us tea while we waited.

After a short while, Michelle told us to go to the spa area before going in, we took off our shoes and they gave us these cute slippers to wear. Almost Japanese like. Then,I went to soak my feet in this tea smelling hot water and it was heavenly!! Never before have I been to a facial salon like this. So after about 5 minutes, I dried my feet and we went to the toilet to pee. It is always always always better to pee before a facial because it takes a long while. And in the bathroom, they even had some hairdryers and curling tongs and flat irons!! So cool eh!

Then they led us into our room which had to bed that were divided with curtains on a railing. The colours of the wall were pink!! Pink! And they provided a bathrobe and some kind of dress/tube we had to wear. It was hard for me to wear mine because it was too loose and I had to take off my bra straps. So, I took the courage to ask for another dress/robe. And this one fits perfect! And now the facial begins!

The lady was very nice and kind and sweet! She told me every single thing what she did and gave me tons of tips along the way. I don't know who the lady is but I think its the boss of the salon, Karen.

First the cleansing, then scrub, then they steamed my face and ate it. The end.

Haha, no la, the lady took This metal thingy and squeezed ALL of my pimples out! Which took about an hour and a half. But then she said that if it has any pus in it the next day, I should come in again and she will take them out for free! So nice and so professional. Never before have I seen a boss so caring of their customers! Then the lady asked me if I wanted to do my eyebrows and I said YEAH!!! I was just thinking of getting them done, this lady must be psychic! And she made it really clean and not to thin like the last time I did them, which was in a stupid salon.

When the lady asked me if it hurts and I said, it's bearable, she said, so strong oh you!! Have I mentioned I love compliments? After that, they took out this buzzing spoon thing and applied it in a tap motion around my face. This is to reduce my sensitivity.

Then, she put on my mask and while I was basking in the mask, someone did a shoulder massage for me. So nice ohhhhhh!! Then I waited about 20 minutes more for the mask to fully absorb and then, done! All that took from 11am till 2 pm. That was a little too long for me, but anything for beauty.

When I went to the bathroom to release the urine I've been holding for an hour, I saw my face in the mirror and it was horrifying! My face was full of red dots! But that's not gonna last for a long while, because soon, the redness disappeared.

Soooooo, I went out and the lady said that a product called oxy03 was the best product for me right now. When I asked what the price was the lady said she'll give me 10 percent discount, and I still bit my tongue because the price was RM 200!! Still, she said it will definitely work and since its probably going to last me the whole year, I bought it with my own money. So the facial, RM 80, my aunt paid and I paid for my own product yay! If this product doesn't work, I'll throw a fit and cry.

So after that we went shopping around Karamunsing and I saw lots of cute, cheap clothes. But I restrained myself because from now on, I am a humble beggar. T____T While shopping, my spots were still very bright red, like someone just dotted lipstick on my face. And great, lots of good looking guys were around and all I could do was stare at my shoes. They even had super clear skin! Haiya.. Soon I'll have skin like that too.

Karen said...

Don't wear makeup anymore for now.
Don't use my old products.
Don't apply anything but the oxy03 on my face. Eat fruits and vegetables like I breathe air.

Okay, let the good skin days begin!!

When I arrived home, I saw my whole family in the house. My uncles, aunts, cousins most of them were there. And I was glad to see my cousins, Yvonne, Brenda and Isaac, who I haven't seen in a longggg time.

Thats because my grandfather is sick, and he's currently staying with my family. And almost everyday, at least one of my uncle or aunt would visit. I've heard of some people who would just abandon their parents or grandparents but I can't imagine something like that happening in my family.

I shook hands with everyoneb, because I'm polite like that. Then I told my mom all about my day. The ret of the family didn't go to church because they have to take care of my granddad, so I am the representative la lol. A while later my grandmother came all the way from Beaufort, where Uncle Son picked her up. I thought that was how the day would end but then Uncle Barnabas came and wanted to bring Big Brother to CentrePoint to buy samurai swords.

Big Brother is a big fan of swords and martial arts thingy. And that morning, while I was at church and facial, Uncle Barnabas, Big Brother and Cousin Yvonne went to Kota Belud to go survey swords! I am so jelly.

When Uncle Barnabas offered, his daughter, Yvonne wanted to go too saying she wants to go shopping. I wanted to go shopping too, guess I completely forgot about the RM 200 I spent. So, Big Brother, Uncle Barnabas and Cousin Yvonne and me went to CentrePoint.

When we arrived there, Cousin Yvonne brought me around and she is so patient and nice! I told her I felt like buying shoes and she went through shops and shops with me. I think we went through 30 stores in 2 hours. Yvonne gave me tips and trends, because she studies in KL. What is in and what is out and what I should spend money on.

Finally, we landed at DOSS and we saw the signs 30% OFF. We were drawn like moths drawn to fire. And I bought a pair of shoes that was originally RM36 but got it RM28! And Yvonne also bought a pair and we both went to YOYO to buy some milky tea to celebrate.

While waiting for our tea, both our mothers called us to ask us to buy slippers for grandfather. Then we saw Big Brother and apparently he has been looking for us for a long time and Uncle was angry. So we rushed around the mall to look for cheap slippers and finally we bought a cute pair of Winnie The Pooh slippers which I think is super adorable! Then we rushed to the car.

And Uncle wasn't even mad! I guess this patience thing is hereditay. Haha.

The day wasn't over yet! We still had to buy some Bah Kut Teh! So Uncle left the three of us in the car and went to buy some.

We had nothing to do so we asked Big Brother to guess which shoes are whos. And he got it wrong! He says I like to wear high heels, which are Yvonne's shoes and because my shoes look mature, it has to be Yvonne's. Me and Yvonne just said yes and nodded and praised Big Brother for his vast wisdom.

Then Big Brother said of course he is smart! "I'm a business student bah!" Oh, Big Brother!

What an ugly shot. It seems like my size went up a bit cause I am now a size 36. I don;t want to have big feet leh!

But the shoes are so pretty! Its bronze and has a gold tipped ribbon, very Olympics themed, no? There was also a silver colored one, but I think gold sounds more optimistic. Its also really comfortable because the insides are padded. Yvonne says padded shoes are imprtant for comfort.

I also saw a golden tipped colarred blouse, and I wanted to go search for it again to match my shoes, but my Uncle wanted to go home already. Next time...



The ridiculously expensive serum. You better work.

Tomorrow, while I am rotting in school, Big Brother will be at Wisma Merdeka to look at more swords and Yvonne will be taking care of grandfater and grandmother. Then next Saturday, Uncle Barnabas says he is going to take us to see some speakers display. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment