Friday, July 20, 2012

Wobbling Fans

Today, in English class, we were doing some questions on the poem He Had Such Quiet Eyes.

As usual, my mind wandered away and I was doodling my name on my paper. That was when my mind registered my English teacher saying, "That could be dangerous! You guys better get away from there!!!"

Thinking it was a bee, my hidden super survival reflexes jumped into action and I bolted for the door. Behind me, people were bolting around too, and I realised, no one was going outside...

So, I looked around and everyone was looking at the ceiling fan wth. It was wobbling and wobbling and at last, someone turned the fan off. It turned out that, the people sitting under the fan heard clicking sounds and said so, and that was when they noticed the fan.

The fan was a little bit disconnected from the ceiling, and even when it was switched off, it was still wobbling after a long while.

After that, the teacher resumed the class as usual and we went on with analysing a women's broken heart wth. I actually don't think I can understand what the woman in the poem is talking about because, my heart has never really been that broken. Maybe a small crack? Okay, enough emoness.

After the lesson ended, we decided to turn on the fan to see what would happen. If the fan broke and crashed to the floor, splintering the whole class to injuries (wth) and resulting in our immediate suspension, we would just say YOLO... wth. YOLO is a useless word just like SWAG.

Anyway, everyone packed their bags and stood at the edge of the class, and when the fan was on, everybody was silently watching.... and watching... and watching... I was hiding behind a few people, in case it really did fall down. Finally, after a few minutes, nothing happened! What an anti-climax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment