Sunday, July 22, 2012

New and Red

Yesterday afternoon, I went to town to buy new specs! I have been meaning to buy new specs since March because I lost it at the school bazaar, but never really had the guts to ask my parents in case they get mad.

So, I saved money! I saved... didn't eat much... restrain myself from shopping... buy the cheapest things available... and 4 months later, I saved RM300! And that is including the RM 120 from Hari Gemilang (Exellence Day?)

But RM 300 just for specs? Haiya...

So I asked Big Brother what I should do. And here are the wise words from Big Brother...

Just ask la. I also lost and broke my specs last time, and they just bought me a new one. They won't care bha that.
So, feeling confident, I asked my mom one night, when Big Brother, Mom, and I were having dinner.

Me : Mummy, I want to buy new specs, can?
Mummy : *smashes plates and turned into godzilla WE JUST BOUGHT YOU SPECS, WHAT FOR YOU WANNA BUY AGAIN??!! YOU ONLY KNOW HOW TO WASTE MONEY! WHERE'S YOUR NEW SPECS?!
Me : I lost them....
MUMMY : NAH, WHO ASK YOU??! USE YOUR OLD SPECS, YOU DESERVE TO SUFFER!!!

At this point, my loving mother is breathing fire and has the grace of a dominant male gorilla wth. I must tread the waters carefully!

Me : I've already saved money!
Mummy : ROARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how she signals me to shut up. Lol.

When Mummy finally goes to wash her plates, I said to Big Brother.

Me : What was that?!! You said it would be fine!
Big Brother : *shrugs and continues to watch tv
Me : Nevermind... nevermind


Then, two weeks after that, my friends and I got RM 120 in cash, so we all decided to go shopping! Yay! And Caroline-unnie helpfully offered to assist me in buying my specs.

But the morning of our day out, my Dad offered to buy it for me instead because he was scared that I would be cheated by the salesman wth. Yeah, okla! I don't have to use my own money hoho!

But then, he broke his promise! We didn't buy any specs and I feel more cheated!

So, I suffered with my yucky old specs and got headaches and neck pain because of it. It didn't fit me anymore, so it kept sliding down my nose.

But yesterday! Yesterday, my dad told me to get ready to buy my specs!!! Yay!!! We went to town, where my dad always goes to buy glasses, and I got to chose my specs myself, no help from Daddy.

I wanted to get hipster glasses, and I found one that only costs RM 95! And then plus the lenses, its RM 145!!!!

Looks kinda like this.


But my dad says its ugly. Lol...

So maybe next time, I'll secretly buy this for myself la.

After searching high and low, I finally chose one.


It's red! I wanted to find one that is pastelly but.... who will take me seriously with a kiddy spec. So I told the shop assistant that I want one thats dark and full framed.

And this is the best among the ones there. Uh oh.... I feel kinda... regretful. NO LA HAHA! I love it!

I went to do my lens after choosing the frame and I found out that my degree is now 150 on both eyes. That explains my headaches when wearing my old specs since that is 100 on one eye and 75 on the other.





And this is me wearing my new baby.


Goodbye yucky old green glasses! I will sell you for RM 25 lol. But nobody will buy you anyway. Don't cry, its not me, its you.

Now I can see the world again! Everything is so clear!!!

Oh yeah, BJ looks very handsome. wth. Because BJ says he will definitely read my blog if I mention that.

No comments:

Post a Comment