Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Senamrobik 1 Malaysia and Community Services




This morning, I woke up with a sore-throat and a runny nose. *sniffles

But I went to school anyway because I was too abashed to ask the doctor for a three day sick leave. I'm glad I didn't because today, we had senamrobik!!!

Yayyyyy! *mostly yay because senamrobik=no class and go home early. YES!

Anyway, I thought it was going to be boring and I secretly hoped it would rain. (mind you it was cloudy)

I arrived to school feeling disoriented by the amount of people I saw, yet I didn't recognize any of them. I travelled all the way to the canteen where I met Elvena and followed her halfway back to meet Bethany and Wahyun. There, I did not have to wait long before I saw Sarah and Vanissa! Of course, we went into the topic of Les Miserables (great musical!!) which is when we saw Fieda and Caroline. We enjoyed "On My Own" by Samantha Barks before we were forced to the school field to start the senamrobik. Boohoo.

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY INTERRUPT SAMANTHA BARKS!

I'll let you go this time, teachers...

So, we made our way to the field. Thank goodness it wasn't muddy and that the grass was cut. There, we waited for about half an hour for the teachers to take our attendance (waste of time)...

One of the things I was worried about was that my valuables would get stolen. By valuable I meant money, phone and camera. So, I had my bag with me at all times and was shifty-eyed when people told me I had to put my bag down. There's a lot of thieves in my school you know! People have been crying over their lost phones and money on facebook! I know how they feel, I've been there. But that's a story for another post.

Anyway, I eventually let my bag down. And got into my place to start. In my place, I spread my arms wide and spun around so that I had lots of space for myself. Loll.

And thus, the senamrobik commences!! I did everything with energy okay! And when the lady who was leading us finally stopped I was all tired. Imagine my horror when they said that was only the warm-up.

Lol, the break was all too short. Because soon, we were back to dancing. It was okay at first, we bust some moves and everything. But what pisses me off the most was the people who were unwilling to do the moves. They didn't even look tired. It doesn't make them look cool, it just makes them look stupid, blur and so.... what's the word... UN-SPORTING. I try to cover my eyes at these people.

Towards the end, I was sweaty and tired. I am a pathetic weakling, I know I know. Along with my tiredness came my disorientedness, and along with that, confusion. So, I guess I looked pretty retarded, stopping and starting, then stopping and starting again. Oh well, I did my best lol.

Pictures!!!


When the main event ended, we stuck around a little bit. The teachers probably sensed our boredom so they entertained us a bit. And I totally loved this part because it people seemed so sporting and went up to the stage to dance!!


And that, boys and girls, is how you get the ladies.


Don't you feel like dancing along. Well uh.. not me cause I was tired.

For a tired person, I don't look bad huh? That's Sarah by the way.


But never to tired for poco-poco!!! What is a senamrobik without poco-poco after all. I joined in for a while but then went out to take my camera for a while and when I wanted to go back in, a lot of people joined in. So, I just took pictures la haha.

After the senamrobik, I made my way to Tanjung Lipat with some friends to do our moral project. At first I didn't want to go, because of my laziness but then my dad didn't pick up my calls and Caroline told me to go, because when else am I going to do it right? So off I went!

The only reason I went is because I needed to do my moral project. We had to clean up an area to complete this project which I think is a waste of time because my parents work hard to pay taxes which pays the DBKK!! And their child, their youngest daughter is picking up trash??!!!

Lol no, I am happy to do community service! =D *fake smile

Anyway, we walked there and my main concern was a flasher. One of my teachers told the whole class that there was a flasher lurking around the bushes, and that we shouldn't scream and run if we were to encounter one as that would only excite him more. Little sicko...

But I am only a little girl, of course my naive instincts are to scream and run.

Thank goodness we didn't run into any flashers and the only people we ran into were a couple dating by the drain. I don't know what part of that is romantic...

When we arrived there, we went to work! Michelle, our class monitor did a fantastic job. She made sure that everybody was there and made sure everybody got their pictures.





And of course, a group picture.


I'm a little disappointed though because the pictures of me picking up rubbish looks super ugly. =(

Oh well, I haven't tried photoshopping them yet!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment