Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Of Universities And My Future

What an inspiring day!
Yesterday, we had an Expo on colleges and univerities and what we want to do after SPM. For me, I haven't planned my life that far yet. Before this, I probably expected to get married to a rich guy and spend my days shopping and getting facials.

Although that would be the life, its not the life I want. I want to get out there and study!!!

*crawls to a dark corner.. What has become of me... What gibberish! I do want to learn and study and improve myself!

Hahah, theres so many options and possibilities to choose from!

When we first got inside, we just simply passed the booths and Cambridge caught our eye. By our, I mean Jes's and I. And so we went our way to Cambridge! I like how that sounds! When we went to Cambridge, this caucasian lady from Cambridge told us all about Cambridge. And how it differs from Malaysia universities. For one, in Malaysia,  they accept you based on how smart you are and in the UK they interview you to see the way you think. Put an asian and a UK student in a room to do a maths exam, the asian will win. Put an asian and a UK student in an interview, UK student wins! And in UK the universities are very relaxed and not so uptight. I wanted to ask her about what I want to do, but a certain person was hogging up the attention. You know who you are! But no matter, I can't go there because it was too expensive anyway.

At first, I didn't know what to do when I grow up, so if people asked me what I wanted to do, I'd say 'Dunno' and they would bombard me with everything. Which took a lot of time. So, I narrowed it down to 'I like English'. Then 'Journalism'. Then 'Tourism'. Then 'Blogging!'

When I told a lady from the Ireland universities that I wanted to become a full time blogger, she said that its not a wise career choice because in 5 or 10 years, blogging might not become a thing anymore. So yeah, better have a more secure job and I can do part-time blogging.

I also found out that between A-Levels, STPM and Foundation, Foundation is the way to go. But only take foundation if you're sure of what you want to be and what career path you want to take.

And then, oh so soon, my belly was yearning for food. So, Sarah and I went to the canteen (which was pleasantly not crowded) and sat next to Fitra and Ryan, from drama. Then we talked about our future and such, when Fitra said something about MASCOM. At first, I was like "What's this MASCOM you speak of?" and then it clicked. MASS COMMUNICATION.

After that, Fitra wanted to go find out more about Mass Com and I tagged along. And I absolutely put Mass Com in one of my top career paths! It is like production, scripwriting, events, planning and stuff like that.  And theres public relations officer! Which is really appealing to me.

But is it really for me? Do I have creativity? Can I talk in front of millions? Hmm, that last one, probably not. But Mass Com is still in the top of my list. I'd just have to try to be more appealing (lol) and talk in a clearer way, because sometimes, I can't get my point out. And I have to be better during presentations!!

At the end of the day though, I still don't know what to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment